Monday, May 4, 2009

See You Later, Gator

My wife and I hoped to see a gator on our recent golf trip to Myrtle Beach. We saw two at the Heritage Club, the #33 public course in America in 2009 according to Golf Digest. We saw them in and by the lake that borders the par 5 eighteenth hole (which I parred with a fine drive, well-placed lay-up, soft lob wedge to the green, and nearly-holed birdie putt). To the right is what it looked like from a distance.


Here is what it looked like when my wife risked making me a single dad by taking snapshots of it from ten feet away :

While she was not holding up any group behind us (we were a two-some playing between groups of four), I started scolding her after about 30 seconds of this. This particular animal was docile; asleep perhaps even. But one quick move, and I might have been a widower. Or at least a man with a one-legged wife.

What in the name of Chubbs Peterson was she thinking?

No comments: