Monday, May 10, 2010

2009-10 Bowling Season

This bowling season was my most successful yet, although I only bowled part time (42 games out of 96). Of course, technology had a lot to do with it. But I do think I am pretty close to where I'd like to be. Spare shooting is still an area for improvement, as is just general education on lane conditions, oil pattern reading (especially when it breaks down).

Here is how the season went:



At the risk of self-inflicted back-patting injury, the highlights of the year were personal bests in average and three-game series, a nice rebound from a weak start, a decent won-lost record, a profitable season in third-game "pots," and a first trimester win for the team.

Lows included poor spare shooting, and an inability to finish off what should have been 700s in three of the weeks. For fun, let's compare this season to 2008-09:



My plans/goals for 2010-11:

1) Pick up a new ball that reacts differently from what I have, so that I have a more well-rounded arsenal
2) Bowl tournaments and cash in at least one CBA event
3) Compete in the USBC Nationals in Reno and average 190 (no small feat, even for a 218 bowler)
4) Work on spare shooting to average 225 in league
5) Bring bowling closer to a hobby that pays for itself

I had similar goals back in the late 1980s. I'll post some info on how that went next time.

Here's a sneak preview: Not well.

3 comments:

Mac Noland said...

Damn, I'm impressed. Who ever said bowling wasn't a sport ;)

TSnide said...

Thanks. I always love a good debate with someone who insists that bowling and golf are not sports. They are always so easy to shoot down, and yet the one making the claim will never admit they're wrong.

TSnide said...

P.S. Good idea for a blog post topic.