Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Watching Movie Trailers?

I was looking for a movie to take my younger sons to. I think I've settled on Gnomeo & Juliet. It didn't get the greatest reviews, but I'm sure they'll like it, and I enjoy watching my kids enjoy things.

While searching, I decided to click the trailer to The Roommate. Once I clicked it, a player popped up with a message saying the trailer would start after a commercial. I find it a little funny that I have to watch a commercial for the privilege of watching a commercial.

At 2:24, the trailer was just under three percent of the movie, if you don't count the credits. That's way too much. I feel like I've already seen the movie, so Screen Gems probably did itself a disservice by showing so much.

I don't remember what the commercial-for-the-commercial was for, either, so unless it was laced with extremely effective subliminal messaging, it was an all-around fail for them to get any of my money.

That's good, too, because popcorn at Gnomeo & Juliet will probably be about $10.

No comments: