Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Had Blogfoot's Baby

I really enjoy reading blogs. From the hacks like me who use them merely as a journal with the knowledge that perhaps nobody other than himself is ever going to read it, to those who so desparately want to get the next scoop and make a name for themselves. Like Matt Drudge, one could then make a nice living being wrong most of the time (insert gratuitous weather forecaster joke here).

I recently read one blog that was slamming people I know based on one piecee of information, and all sorts of similar folks crawled out of the woodwork to join in to form a virtual circle-jerk.

As tempted as I am to use my personal knowledge of the subject matter and expose these self-congratulatory folk for the cretins they don't realize they are, it's in my best interest not to.

They say the blogosphere is the National Enquirer of the Internet. From what I've seen, the defunct Weekly World News is perhaps a more appropriate comparison, at least in some cases.

No comments: