Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tough Night at the Lanes

Dang, did bowling suck tonight. I bowled a 548 off games of 165, 182, and 201. Our first place team took only 7 out of 28 points. If I am ever going to make the comeback* I want in this game, I will need to get my current equipment re-drilled and get some new equipment to boot. I will also need to simply bowl more. Or I should just learn to be happy with a 548, which hasn't been the case in about 25 years.

But I learned a couple things tonight that I wouldn't have years ago, so that's a good thing. Unfortunately, one of them, not to be afraid of the far inside line, I didn't figure out until late in the third next.

We'll get 'em next time.

* This is somewhat of a misnomer, as to make a comeback, it is presumed that one actually was somewhere desirable to begin with. With a career high average of just over 200, and only two honro games (290 and 300) to my credit, that's hardly accomplishing anything in this sport. And yes, I called it a "sport."

No comments: