Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rules of the House

If I buy a half gallon of my favorite ice cream, and you would like some, don't wait. I will have finished it in three late night sittings.

With many other foods, I will most likely be considerate and make sure you have had a chance to take in a fair portion - Oreo Double Stuff cookies, for example. But not ice cream. You're welcome to have some, just don't wait more than a couple days, or you're likely to miss out.

This will no doubt have to change if I am to reach my 2009 weight loss goals in 2010. At least the ice cream companies think I'm too stupid to notice their half-gallons have shrunk to 1.75 quarts, and now 1.5 quarts. The way I see it, I'm eating less in three late-night sittings than ever before.

2 comments:

Mac Noland said...

What are your 2010 weight loss goals?

TSnide said...

About the same as my failed 2009 goals...to be achieved by April 1. I want to be 190 by then. Not even sure how much weight loss that is, as I am letting myself go until January 2.