Friday, January 8, 2010

A Very Macro Microbrew

While in Columbus, Ohio on business last night, I went out to a bar with the work team I was meeting with for some after-meeting socializing. The young woman who greeted us asked for our order.

"I'm not from around here; can you recommend me a local beer?," I asked.

She replied, "Umm...Bud Light?"

Absolutely, 100 percent true.

Now, we all must remember that even the craziest thing a person says may have a reasonable story behind it. I found out later that Columbus has a large Anheiser Busch distribution.

Unfortunately for the under-dressed waitress, that actually precludes any possible excuse she might have for her hilarious response. You see, at first I thought perhaps she just misheard or misunderstood me. But knowing about the local Anheiser Busch plant, I realize she most likely actually thought she was giving me a "local" brand name.

That would be like me responding thusly to someone visiting Minnesota and asking me if I could recommend a good local restaurant:

"Umm...Dairy Queen?"

No comments: