Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How not to spend time on your vacation

It's after 11:00 P.M. on a Wednesday, right in the middle of my vacation, and I'm getting upset because I can't seem to get the wifi to work so I can check e-mails.

I don't have a job that requires me to check e-mails while on vacation, but it is a job that necessarily means I will return with over a thousand e-mails when I return July 6 if I do not check them and delete the deletables. My Outlook inbox is likely already filled to its limit, which is stressing me out more than any subject matter I may find once I do get in.

It's weird stressing out over something that will really not matter one bit once I return from vacation. My July 6 return will be filled with catching up regardless of whether I stress about it now, and whether I do anything about it once I get into the wifi. If I ever do get in, that is.

It's also frustrating that I drove over a half-mile to do this, as our room does not get wifi.

If only my golf game was good enough to relieve the stress.

2 comments:

Mac Noland said...

I shamelessly remove myself from abused email groups during extended vacations. 99% of the are garbage or outdated anyway. Shift Delete.

TSnide said...

Any chance you've read Timothy Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Work Week"?