Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twelve Handicapper for a Day

Wow, was golf league odd last night. Had my short game not been there, it would have been extremely embarrassing. As it was, it was just a bit embarrassing. We played the Platinum nine at Emerald Greens, a 3600-yard par 37. I managed a 43, and needed to birdie the ninth just to do that. After being happy with my last three full rounds of playing around a five handicap, this was a step back.

I might not have been upset about just any old 43, but this was one where nothing really felt right. A couple scrambles for par, and the birdie, kept it from getting way out of hand. Quite disconcerting were: One drive OB, one in the wrong fairway, a couple airmailed greens, and two hazards on the same hole...almost all of which were visibly "bad" shots, not just "near-misses." I hope it's out of my system by this Friday's Derby Days tournament in Shakopee at Stonebrooke.

No comments: