Sunday, July 6, 2008

Work-free, Guilt-free Holiday

I took Thursday, July 3 off from work to extend my Fourth of July holiday. Fully expecting to catch up on some work things, I checked e-mails a few times, but here it is, Sunday night, and I didn't get any work done. I've learned not to feel so guilty about it. The five years of law school has helped my be a little less hard on myself for not putting in extra hours.

It also helps to recognize all of the times at work when someone else didn't get something done in time, even simple things, like returning my phone call or getting some information back to me. No one thinks any less of these folks. We all get it that we're in an intensely growing company in an intensely growing business.

My younger sister has the proper perspective that's good to remember if you tend to be a little self-conscious as I do: No matter how much you think other people are thinking of you, good or bad, it's probably a lot less than you realize.

No comments: