Friday, April 24, 2009

Grand Strand Bound

My wife and I depart tomorrow from MSP to Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand, the Redneck Riviera. I love the place, even though, as I've said here before, Minnesota is as good as any place for golf. But with the ocean, the sheer volume of quality courses, and change of scenery, I like to head down there every couple of years or so.

This year, the scenery flying in will be interesting, what with the wildfires in the North Myrtle Beach area. They've been widely, but somewhat innacurately, reported on. It's been a terrible tragedy for sure for many families, but by some accounts you'd think the whole Strand was burning down.

I'll report from our condo room as time permits. My wife is letting me bring my laptop, and I can check work e-mails for 1/2 hour per night, but that's it. Blogging availability is still being negotiated.

One regret is I will miss this year's softball opener next Thursday. Yes, I've un-retired again.

No comments: