Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Return Trip to MOA: Lost Something Again

My wife and I took the kids to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America again over the weekend. This time it was the four oldest kids, with the youngest (almost two years old) staying at home with Grandma. As you may have read, the last time we went to the Mall, we lost our three-year-old.

This time no one was lost, including my nine-year-old's friend who came along, as well as my fourteen-year-old's friend. Had any of their parents read my blog, I'm sure they wouldn't have permitted the kids to come along, at least not under my supervision.

I did, however, lose something of value again this time, although of significantly less value than a three-year-old son. I received a call from the Mall lost-and-found yesterday saying they found a check with my name on it. I verified who I was, and they said they would mail the check back to me. It was from Aetna, a repayment, via our Flexible Spending Account through work, of a deductible from a recent doctor visit, in the amount of $40.

A kid is worth at least five, maybe ten times that, don't you think? But I'm still glad to get it back.

So to all of this garbage I hear about how horrible the Mall of America is, I say phooey. My last two times there I've lost a child and money, and both have been (or will have been) returned to me unharmed and unspent.

They're even covering the cost of the stamp.

No comments: