Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Breakup About Which I Could Not Care Less

The most boring, unimportant couple I know of is Jon and Kate. No, I do not feel sorry for their kids. Unlike my first three kids, who saw their parents divorce while they were young, Jon and Kate's kids' parents became wealthy by airing out their dirty laundry to fools with nothing better to do but watch them.

Wish I could've gotten in on some of that.

I find it funny that people say they feel sorry for the kids. Had these folks not watched the damn show, the kids would have lived in anonymity, and perhaps Kate would not have seen the dollar signs that led to this mess.

Yes, I blame Kate more than Jon, from what very little I know about them. From what I accidentally saw, he looked miserable, and she looked greedy.

I almost hate even mentioning them by name in principle. I won't watch their show by choice. I turned off CBS's morning show this morning when they mentioned them.

I wonder if the people who criticize Octomom for alleged Jon & Kate-like ambitions are by and large Jon & Kate's audience. Shame on us all. That's all I care to comment, ever.

2 comments:

Mac Noland said...

Being you know who John and Kate are (which I only do because my wife's US magazine included them AND a busty blond on the cover), I've lost some respect for you.

TSnide said...

Sounds like we're awfully similar. It's Entertainment Weekly for me; my wife subscribes, and I'll spend about 10 minutes thumbing through each issue, just so as not to ever again have to be embarrassed after asking something like, "Heath Ledger died? Who's Heath Ledger?"

We have two TVs in the living room, so while I'm watching my show or game of choice, muted and with subtitles, shows you couldn't pay me to watch are on the good set, and I can't help but learn a little about them. It was "Little People, Big World" for a while.

These days, however, I'll make a point to not even accidentally watch the damn show (J & K + 8). I think it's on hiatus anyway 'cause they're splitting, right? Anyway, I don't want them making another dime off of me, even indirectly. Same goes for Nancy Grace.