Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Pre-Twins Game Trip

I'm taking four of my five kids, plus my wife, to the Twins game this Friday. To help save on refreshments, I went to one of my favorite places to get junk food: Menard's. I had a $15 Menard's rebate check, which made it feel almost like I got the stuff free. Except, of course, that I bought much more than $15 worth.

Two things I noticed at Menard's that are the kinds of things I notice. One I appreciated: the express check-out lane said, "Six items or fewer." Nice! Most would say, "Six (or ten, or fifteen, or whatever) items or less." Menard's gets points for being grammatically correct.

The other thing bothers me, 'though. Why does Menard's have a turnstile at the entrance, and one that seems relatively free-spinning at that?

No comments: