Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Couple More Bad Dreams

In my post last night, I ended with a joke about running from Bigfoot in a dream. While that didn't happen as I dreamt last night, I did have another recurring dream of which I forgot to mention. I'm guessing the reason I had the dream was that after I finished posting, I thought about a couple of dreams I could have added, and thought, "Well, I'll just add them later." Sure enough, I had one of them. Here it is:

7. Being a Radio Announcer Again. This always starts out very positively in the dream, and last night was no exception. In this case, it was my third radio job, in Carroll, Iowa, and I've decided to chase my dream job once again. I get hired in Carroll, even move my family down there, and start my first day back. I reconnect with old co-workers and friends. I thank my old program director for taking another chance on me.

Then all hell breaks loose. During my air shift, I only remember vaguely how to operate the board, I fail to have songs cued up and ready to play, and I don't have the latest forecast ready to read during the weather segment. It's awful, and what starts out as a dream I don't want to end, winds up being one from which I'm glad I wake.

I can't remember what the other recurring dream I thought of is. Perhaps I'll remember it later tonight, before I fall asleep, and tomorrow will be able to write about having the same dream. I'm sure you're hanging on the edge of your seat for that.

No comments: