Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Second League Session With New Style

I rolled a 683 with my new-old "Del Ballard" style last Tuesday. Scored 247, 201, and 235 for a 683. While better than average, there was a good deal of disappointment in it.

I started game one with seven straight strikes, then left a ringing 10-pin, and proceeded to Mika my spare shot right in the channel. I beat my man by five pins (one pin actual, as I get four sticks on him, since he averages over 240), so that was OK, but a seven pin in the 10th kept me from getting my team the win.

Game two I got a little lost, striking only five times, whiffed another 10-pin, this time to the left, but still managed to tie my opponent actual, thus winning with my handicap. Our team won our game as well. Game three was odd, and was not looking good, but I benefited from a 10-pin by my opponent in the tenth, while I went sheet from the 8th frame for a 235. It tied my opponent actual, giving me the win with my sticks, plus another team win.

Pretty cool tying my guy twice and beating him by one pin in the other in actual pin count. You don't see that too often.

So while my new form definitely worked in leading me to the pocket, my poor spare shooting and occasional brain cramping kept me from having a real fine series. Still, all in all, I'm encouraged.

No comments: