Sunday, January 22, 2012

More Embittered Criticism of Broadcasters

I posted on Facebook during the BCS championship game a pet peeve of mine, being committed by color analyst Kirk Herbstreit, when he said "excaped" twice in the game.

That shouldn't even be a pet peeve. Pet peeves are the little things that bug you. A national network broadcaster doing a championship game doing that is a disgrace. But then, as you may recall, I'm hypercritical of broadcasters, having been one for five years, and leaving the business despite it forever remaining in my blood.

Anyway, I have another gripe, aimed at local sportscaster Mark Rosen, as well as many others who have committed the same blunder. He said Baltimore Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff "pushed" his missed field goal (and said it twice, which is important to note, since I generally excuse mistakes when done only once, as possibly just moments of misspeaking).

The rule: It's just like in golf. When a right-footed kicker misses left, that's pulling it. When he misses right, that's pushing it.

I really need to see a therapist.

No comments: