Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Stuff

I did squats and leg presses at the YMCA today.  I have been doing them for a few weeks now.  Just a few months ago, I thought I'd never do another weighted squat again. My back may go out again tomorrow, but I'm pretty darned happy to be doing squats again, even though I'm going real light for now.

Driving back from the Y put things into perspective for me. Bad back or not, I'm better off than the squirrel I tried (and failed) to avoid hitting. Poor guy...that's the first I've hit in several years, and hopefully the last. But probably not.

It was fun flipping channels between three blowouts tonight.  MLB, NFL, and DFL/GOP.

OK, so the Bears didn't exactly "blow out" Detroit, but I think history will back me up in saying no team has ever won a game scoring 0 points. (ETA: There were actually 2:00 minutes left in this game, so I spoke too soon just to make a cheap, not-very-clever joke. As it turned out, the score ratio more closely matched the debate than it did the baseball game.)

Hey Dennis Miller, do you think ass-kickings are covered by Romneycare? How about by vouchers?

Debate mash-up: Binders full of bayonets and horses.

Hey Barack, nice zinger tonight on '80s foreign policy, but David Spade called, and wants his SNL material back.

See, I can be bipartisan in my mockery.

No comments: