Friday, October 26, 2012

Sad news from Ortonville: Home to my first radio gig

I had not followed the traffic data to my blog until very recently. I found it interesting whenever I'd actually get, say, a half-dozen visits in a day. Today, I discovered that I got over two dozen visits, and all of them to my post about the Columbian Hotel in Ortonville, Minnesota.  It's the place I lived for a short while during my first year as a radio announcer.

Curiously, I decided to Google the Hotel, seeing that it was Google searches that drove the traffic.  I was horrified to learn that the reason for all of the traffic was Googlers searching for the story of the fire that destroyed this wonderful building.

When I lived there, the locals did indeed call it a "fire trap."  Here's the sad story: http://www.ksfy.com/story/19923121/fire-destroys-columbian-hotel-in-ortonville-minn

No comments: