Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goals for 2009

Per Success Coach Tony Robbins, I was ready to have four personal goals prepared by January 1 that I would be absolutely committed to achieving in 2009. I have yet to complete them because, as the 6'7" Passionator warns against, I have spent too much time on the problem and not enough time on the solution.

The problem is twofold:

1) I don't want to limit myself to four goals
2) I'm not sure a couple of the goals are appropriate

I'll post my final goals on or about February 1st, and explain more what I mean then. For now, I'll just accept and forgive myself of the delay. We haven't even started entering our 2009 Online Performance Management goals at work yet, so I think I'm entitled.

Plus, cleverly and deliberately, I do not set "New Year's Resolutions," I set goals for the year, so the clock starts ticking on them when I say it does.

No wonder I've gained eight pounds since Christmas.

1 comment:

Mac Noland said...

Plus, cleverly and deliberately, I do not set "New Year's Resolutions," I set goals for the year, so the clock starts ticking on them when I say it does.
- you're brilliant!!