Monday, January 26, 2009

Zero Tolerance for the Flu?

My wife is attending Argosy University's Radiology program. The curriculum is pretty tough, and they are pretty strict regarding attendance. She tells me they dock 20% off your test scores if you miss one and have to take it on a later date.

I hope that's not the case. She has a fever of 101 degrees, and possibly rising. She has been vomiting and wonders whether she'll be able to keep the Tylenol down. There's no way she'll be in class tomorrow for one of her exams. Plus, it's too late to call the instructor to give any advance notice so that they might cut her some slack.

I'm betting she'll be able to make up the test with no penalty. I missed a whole week of law school my first year from the flu with no penalty. One semester in my second year, I even had the wrong date written down for an exam and missed it. My professor was understanding and everything worked out. I would hope for the price this place charges, and given her perfect record so far, they'll cut her some slack.

Hopefully she believes me when I tell her they'll be reasonable and give her a break. She's got enough to worry about right now.

No comments: