Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Twenty Years Younger in '09

I'm almost ready to post my 2009 goals.

Here's a teaser: In January 2007, I weighed an all-time high for me, 251 pounds. I lost 37, then gained a lot of it back.

In January 2008, I weighed 231. I lost 31, then gained a lot of it back.

Yesterday morning, the day of the kick-off to an office "Biggest Loser" contest, which will last about three months, I weighed 218. The last eight-or-so pounds was from intentionally pigging out, as all of us did, leading up to the contest. (For the contest, I officially weighed 219.8, which included clothing weight.)

So one goal in 2009 is to get down to 185, and to keep it at 190 or less by January 2010, and get my body fat percentage down to below 15% (It's around 18% right now). The last time I weighed as little as 185 was around 1989.

Here's to looking 20 years younger this Summer! I might actually take my shirt off at the beach this year.

2 comments:

Mac Noland said...

If I can't tell physically, keep me updated. I'm trying to lose 20, but haven't gotten very far.

TSnide said...

Me either. It was going well, until the Wild game last Wednesday. It's too hard for me to go to a game without partaking in junk food, especially when the tickets were free. That erases the calorie content, I've been told.