Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why Tomorrow's News May Mean Year-Round Golf

My wife is in her last semester of classroom learning (for Radiology), and will then go on to two semesters of what they call "clinicals." My understanding is that it is something akin to an internship, the end of which hopefully becomes a paid, full-time employment offer.

A potentially life-changing event in the process happens tomorrow. The school will decide where each student will spend his/her clinical. Most of them are located in Minnesota, primarily in the Twin Cities area. Three positions, however, are located in South Carolina.

Approximately 15-18 students will find out their fate tomorrow, and there really is no preferential treatment regarding where one gets placed. One student did volunteer to go to SC, but even if that happens, there is still a one-in-eight (or thereabout) chance that my wife will spend May to December in South Carolina.

If that happens, we will have some major decision-making to do in the coming months. But my mother always told me not to worry about things over which I have no control. While year-round golf definitely has its appeal, I'll wait until tomorrow before thinking about the good or bad of possibly relocating. I'm afraid the bad would outweigh the good, and I don't need that keeping me up all night.

No comments: