Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Too Lazy to Really Blog

So many things to Blog about, so little time, or desire. So I'll just write them down so I don't forget them, in case even one subject "makes the cut" and I find a half hour to spend on it.

- Favre to the Vikings
- MLB umps sucking again
- Mauer .400 talk resurfacing
- State Corporate Softball tournament cancelled for lack of interest (WHAT?? There were three divisions not ten years ago, with no problem filling the field at the "B" and "C" levels)
- Town Halls (and the lies an unfathomable amount of people believe about universal health care)
- My sons are driving me up the flippin' wall right now, and literally laughing at me as I try to discipline them
- My thoughts on the PGA Championship after being there for two days
- My golf game (my latest "fix")
- My 3-year-old son's 34 MPH golf swing

Boy, if that list doesn't inspire me to write something soon, then...neither will a box of nightcrawlers, or something.

3 comments:

Mac Noland said...

Do you think there is another sport that makes live viewing anymore miserable than golf? I enjoyed Wednesday and Sunday, but I thought the opertunity to view a golfer hit a shot was few and far between. Especially Sunday afternoon when 35,000 people were following Tiger.

As soon as Patty went in the water (twice) the small group watching him (which included me) waited for Tiger and then tracked him for the rest of the afternoon.

Unknown said...

I agree. The problem with following players like Tiger, or anyone with a larger crowd (Phil, anyone leading the tournament, etc.) is not that you don't get to see the players, but that you really don't get to see the shots. Especially if you're shorter than, say, 5'10". One of the problems, especially at traditional "parkland" courses like Hazeltine is the amount of trees, and there locations. I noticed several instances where I could have watched the action on multiple holes from one location (7 & 8 for example) but for misplaced trees. I'm a tree-hugger (to some of my friends, anyway), but I thought Hazeltine was specifically intended to host majors, so I would think they'd place them better. Maybe they don't want inopportune cheers by people near the 7th green for a putt made on 8.(?)

TSnide said...

By the way, ariana is my daughter. I didn't notice she used this last.